The CT110 is a high linearity and high-resolution contact current sensor with isolation from Crocus Technology that is designed with its patented state-of-the-art XtremeSense® TMR technology for high performance. It measures the current flowing through the DFN package via its integrated Current Carrying Conductor (CCC) and converts it to an analog ratio-metric output voltage that represents the current. The CT110 achieves superior performance with a typical total output error of less than ±0.5% and is capable of sensing current as low as 5 mA providing unmatched resolution.
It is an ideal solution to replace shunt resistor plus isolation amplifier. At the same time, the CT110 simplifies design, PCB layout and saves PCB area. It is capable of supporting up to +10.0 A of DC current and ±15.0 A of AC current.
Also, the CT110 has a sampling frequency of 200 kHz but only has minimal current consumption of 1.2 mA to bias it since the measured current does not go through the device. Additionally, the CT110 integrates a FLAG output that is active LOW and will indicate when an over-current event occurs.
- AC or DC Current Range:
- +5.0 ADC / ±5.0 APK
- +10.0 ADC / ±10.0 APK
- ±15.0 APK
- Total Output Error: <±0.5% (Typical)
- Linear Analog Output @ fS = 200 kHz
- Supply Current: 1.2 mA
- FLAG Pin to Indicate 90% and 10% of Full Current Range
- Active LOW Digital Output (Push-pull)
- Supply Voltage: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Operating Temperature Ranges:
- Industrial: -40°C to +85°C
- Extended Industrial: -40°C to +125°C
- Package: 6-lead DFN, 3.00 x 00 x 0.95 mm
- Shunt Resistor plus Isolation Amplifier Replacement
- Smart Plugs/IoT Devices
- LED Lighting Products
- Power Tools
- Battery Charger Systems
- PCs and Servers